Friday, May 11, 2018

Happy Retirement - Russ

Friday May 11, 2018
 
 I wanted to make a retirement card for a dear dear friend. My best friend who I had for 35 years and suddenly passed away 10 years ago. Her husband is retiring this week. It saddens me that they are not together to enjoy these golden years that are to come.
This image had two chairs on the stamp but I only inked one up as I thought that would represent an empty chair and I know he would of thought of Rosie being in it.. I am sure he's thinking of her now anyhow..  I started by using a little Ranger ink and did the yellow for the sun glow and a little brown for the ground. I then stamped the chair and used copics to give a little color. I added some grass and then the sentiment. All images are from Taylored Expressions.  I kept it CAS.
 
Challenges:
Sugar pea designs #43 - photo
Crafty gals creations #47 - anything goes
Use your stuff #310 - mood board
Cards in envy - one layer
Word art Wednesday wk. 334-335 - anything goes
Crafty creations #366 - anything goes
Penny's paper crafty#379 - anything goes
Fab 'n' funky #393 - garden or outdoors
Color crazy wk. 19 - anything goes





7 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card for your friend!! I love the design and the colors!! He will adore this!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Lynn said...

Billie that is a great CAS card. I'm sure that Rosie is so happy that you are keeping an eye on Russ. I'm sure that she will leave you a "thank you" sign somewhere.

Hannapanna said...

What a lovely card for your friend. Beautiful, happy colours. Thanks for joining us over at Colour Crazy Challenge and good luck.

- Hanna, GD

Jean said...

Sweet CAS card, your colouring is just so tranquil and peaceful thinking.

Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
Jean xx

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card :) Thank you for joining the Mood Board challenge over at Use Your Stuff
Tina DT

Annie S. said...

Beautiful CAS design and I'm sure Rosie's husband will love it! The chair is colored beautifully and a perfect retirement image. Thanks for sharing over at Cards in Envy!

Kerin said...

I love the CAS design of this card and the yellow really highlights the chair. Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!